Who'll look after your pets when you're no longer there?
Have you thought about the future when it comes to your pets?
Hopefully, a relative or close family friend will jump right in, particularly if you've already broached the subject with them.
But, emotions aside, be careful who you chose for the task, warns Doug Carroll, vice-president, tax and estate planning at Invesco Trimark.
- Does the person have the disposition to be a pet owner?
- Would their schedule allow for adequate care?
- What about travel and vacations?
- Are they physically up to the task?
- Are there any safety issues, particularly with regards to young children?
- What about allergy issues?
And then there's the hundreds of dollars in annual care, of course.