What it costs Kate Middleton to look like Kate Middleton
Kate Middleton is the envy of every woman, unless of course you’ve got a thing for privacy and, you know, sunbathing topless in the south of France.
And what the Duchess of Cambridge has also become is a fashion and style icon. One day, she steps out in coral-coloured jeans, the next stores can’t keep them in stock.
But don’t worry if you can’t emulate Kate’s style. After all, few could afford it.
Australian Vogue recently popped the hood on the Duchess’ style and fashion, and found the “look” of being Kate Middleton may be a commodity unto itself.
Many of the below breakdown is estimated, it’s worth noting, but the costs of being a style magnate are staggering. Among them:
1) Kate reportedly spends about $56,000 on her wardrobe each year.
2) She goes in for something every two weeks I cringe as I type, a deluxe facial. Those cost $6,600 per year.
3) She gets keratin hair treatments and blow-outs, though not Pauly D. blowouts, three times a week. Call that $14,000 a year.
4) Her hair gets coloured every six weeks. $3,100 a year.
5) Makeup and cosmetics. $2,200 a year.
6) A weekly manicure and pedicure. Good for $6,700 per year.
7) Twice-weekly spray tans – once more: twice-weekly spray tans – at some $13,000 a year.
In addition, Vogue reports Kate must also have miscellaneous costs, including perfume, skincare and a personal trainer.
Add it all up, the magazine suggests, and it costs about $160,000 each year for Kate Middleton just to look like Kate Middleton.