Many business owners are quite mindful of their business. Considering that the business is the source of their living, taking good care of it by all means is definitely a must. If there is one thing that most business owners should hire for their business, it would be a bookkeeper. Good thing, in today’s revolutionary world, bookkeeper can even be acquired virtually. It means hiring a freelancer to work for your company even he or she is not physically seen in your office. Some considerations when looking to hire one can be found below.
- The use of accounting software or program. If your company does make use of software or program such as Peachtree or Quickbooks, it would be worthwhile to ensure that your freelance bookkeeper also uses the same. Both your version should be the same. This consideration matters so as the job can be done smoothly. With such, you may be able to restore similar file from an old version of software going to the new updated version.
- Another thing is the use of Quickbooks online. With this, up to three users have the capability to use the account. It is between the business owner, accountant and the bookkeeper. Since it is online, only an internet access is needed so as to get access to it and use it.
- The use of remote access websites. By making use of this option, you can have your freelance bookkeeper update your files and records when needed by logging on a computer.
Aside from the aforementioned factors, there are also other things to look on. This would be the concern relating to getting the information to the bookkeeper. With this, it can be addressed by:
- File folder set up on a monthly basis. This needs manual entering of details like receipts of credit card purchases, bills from the vendor as well as the cash outlays. As with bank statements, you can safely send it through priority mail. By the time that the mail is received, the entered charges from the bills can be reconciled with the statement. Read more http://ezinearticles.com/?Bookkeeping-Rate—How-Outsourcing-Can-Benefit&id=1241751
- As for the invoices of the client, it can be sent through email, fax or regular mail. Such invoices are required so as to prepare the invoice of the client.
- Business owners with online banking account can get the utmost use of a virtual bookkeeper. This is because your bank activity can easily be accessed and print at anytime. Then along with the statement, the bookkeeper is able to do account reconciliation.
The last consideration would be selecting the bookkeeper. Although there can be too many freelancers around that offer the same service, it can be a challenge to quickly select the best one. Hence, you may want to get referrals and recommendations from your accountant or from other people you know who might be familiar with the service that you need. Another is to read reviews and feedbacks online. By doing such, you can get to know the best one for the position.