If you only had a year to live...
"If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call you could make, who would you call and what would you say? And why are you waiting?"
Those are just a few of the questions posed by Stephen Levine, author most recently of A Year to Live: How to Live This Year as If It Were Your Last in which he reports on an experiment he and his wife, Ondrea, conducted by living one year as if it were their last year on earth.
If time was short, we’d probably all resolve to fully live each twenty four hours. Work less. Make amends. See the Pyramids. Stop worrying about money.
But how would all this actually play out in your day-to-day decisions?
For instance, as retirement coach Ann Harrison asks ….
- What unfinished business would you attend to?
- Which priorities would you re-examine?
- What would you stop doing?
- What would you start doing?
- What would you like to learn about?
- What would you like to buy?
- What would you like to try?
- What would you like to change?
If you're due to retire in the near future, how will you make the most of the freedom, choice and opportunities available to you? How will you get the retirement you deserve?
By Gordon Powers, MSN Money